Friday, January 30, 2009
1. I absolutely LOVE music...rock, pop, classical, jazz, Christian, praise and worship, country, you name it. Except for maybe rap...I just don't get it, nor do I care to.
2. I get my love of music from my dad (obviously). He used to make me read the words and backstories behind all of the operas, before our elementary school trips to the Cincinnati Opera. I appreciate this NOW (not so much back then).
3. I am completely addicted to Twitter. You can follow me at @kelli1227 if you want.
4. I am completely addicted to geocaching. Check it out, I'm always up for a caching run. (again, i'm kelli1227)
5. I wanted to both major in Astronomy and be the first female NASA shuttle commander when I grew up.
6. My dad told me that I should start thinking of something else to do, because astronauts and astronomers needed to be able to stay up past 10 pm (which I still don't).
7. Given these first six, it's not a shock that people say I'm a nerd (and I consider this an honor)8. I am an internal thinker. I will answer you in my head, and have completely conversations with myself. Except, no words come out of my mouth. I get this from my dad too.
9. I am really good at math now, but almost failed it in highschool. Take that Mr. Manker!
10. I have a dog named Yolanda (yep - that's right)...and I didn't name her.
11. I was a complete band geek in high school. I played whatever instrument my dad told me too. I wasn't particularly good at any of them except maybe Clarinet and piano.
12. I swore I would have nothing to do with music after I graduated high school. I stuck with this until someone asked me to play last year for church....now I remember how much I love it.
13. I set up one of my guy friends on a date for our senior prom. It turned out the date was already pregnant by some other guy...needless to say, it didn't work out. (He just reminded me of this a few days ago)
14. I have a bachelor's degree in Biology and Chemisty, not that I've ever used this knowledge other than to answer Double Jeopardy questions.
15. I've only had 3 jobs since I graduated from high school and neither have had to do with science.
16. I will be celebrating 10 years with Procter& Gamble in April.
17. I plan to retire from P&G by the time I'm 50.18. I was given a birthday cake for my 33rd birthday that said "I LOVE LAURA DRESSMAN". (there are a few people only who know the back story on that one).
19. God has blessed me with the most beautiful, precious son ever!
20. I never wanted to be a mom when I was little, but he has definitely changed my mind. What an awesome kid!
21. I absolutely love to cook and bake, but I'm really bad at making cookies (not sure why).
22. I did not vote for Obama, but I do have hope.
23. My mom is my best friend and hero.
24. I'm committed to fundraising for the American Cancer Society. I believe we will find a cure for cancer in my lifetime.
25. I LOVE having an awesome job where I can work from home 2 days a week, however with the snow I'm completely stir crazy and can't wait to see my office mates tomorrow (hopefully).
Friday, January 16, 2009
So, I've made it to the end of a pretty long week. I facilitated a 3 day workshop at my work. The first 2 days completely rocked and I met some really awesome people. The third day was a little weird because it was the core team and they were doing an action planning session. Wow - so glad I'm not on that team! Those people really like to agree with each other only so they can here themselves talk! Enough already!!! And if I hear "I violently agree with you" one more time I'm going to puke!
OK - rant over. I really just wanted to let everyone know that I lost 5 pounds last week!!!!! Go me!! I'm not sure about this week as I really didn't stick to my food plan and I'm pretty sure I have a friend coming to visit early next week!
So that's it - I'll check in soon!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The other thing that's beginning to irk me a little bit is that I'm not really all that into my work right now. I am feeling unmotivated and that's not exactly a good thing. We're under a lot of pressure to "produce" a lot of output. That's not very inspiring or creative. I'm facilitating a workshop next week. I'm excited to take a step away and use it as an energizing experience. I think some times that if I wasn't where I was right now, that I would facilitate full-time. I need to give that some more thought.
I have a burning question that I'm really struggling with. I'm thinking that if I blog about it than I might be able to come to some fantastic self-awareness. So here it goes.
Why do I overeat?
Yep - that's right. I feel like if I can figure that out, than I might be able to really lose weight once and for all. So far, the answers that come to mind are:
- Because I like the taste of it
- Because I'm bored
I'm not sure that I'm the type to get all upset about things and eat and eat and eat. I eat crap because I like the way it tastes. I had a pretty good lunch today: a Thai Chicken salad. It had lettuce, broccoli, red peppers, chicken, lo mein noodles, peanuts, and a bit of Peanut Sauce Salad Dressing. I was a little worried at first because it didn't have a lot of salad dressing, but you know what? It turned out to be delicious. And it was only 11 points. I need to find more recipes like this that fill me up and make me feel fulfilled.
OK - that's it for today. I'm going to continue to give the exercise and the eating question some more thought. I'll share back when I can!
Tata - K
Monday, January 5, 2009
So, here's to 2009 and all the great adventures it will bring! Hopefully you will see less (literally) of me, maybe some great pictures, and all kinds of other great adventures. I'll share them as they come!
Let's consider this day 1. I'm a bit hungry and tired. I couldn't sleep well last night because I was too excited (huh?) about going back to work today. Either way. I'm very excited about this new day, week, month, and year. Can't wait to see what it holds!!!