Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Burning Questions

I'm on to day 3 now, and I'm feeling a bit more into the swing of things. I am feeling pretty good about my eating habits. I haven't been all that hungry yet between meals, so we'll see. I'm really a little bummed about not having the energy to work out just yet. I am purposefully saying no "energy" rather than "time". The reality is that I could have left the office 2 hours ago to go work out. I have my workout clothes here in the office, so I guess that's a start.

The other thing that's beginning to irk me a little bit is that I'm not really all that into my work right now. I am feeling unmotivated and that's not exactly a good thing. We're under a lot of pressure to "produce" a lot of output. That's not very inspiring or creative. I'm facilitating a workshop next week. I'm excited to take a step away and use it as an energizing experience. I think some times that if I wasn't where I was right now, that I would facilitate full-time. I need to give that some more thought.

I have a burning question that I'm really struggling with. I'm thinking that if I blog about it than I might be able to come to some fantastic self-awareness. So here it goes.

Why do I overeat?

Yep - that's right. I feel like if I can figure that out, than I might be able to really lose weight once and for all. So far, the answers that come to mind are:
  • Because I like the taste of it
  • Because I'm bored

I'm not sure that I'm the type to get all upset about things and eat and eat and eat. I eat crap because I like the way it tastes. I had a pretty good lunch today: a Thai Chicken salad. It had lettuce, broccoli, red peppers, chicken, lo mein noodles, peanuts, and a bit of Peanut Sauce Salad Dressing. I was a little worried at first because it didn't have a lot of salad dressing, but you know what? It turned out to be delicious. And it was only 11 points. I need to find more recipes like this that fill me up and make me feel fulfilled.

OK - that's it for today. I'm going to continue to give the exercise and the eating question some more thought. I'll share back when I can!

Tata - K

No comments:

Post a Comment