Monday, July 27, 2009

Life is Funny (or insane...one of the two)!

It's Monday and it's time for Wendy's Life is Funny carnival. I always try to think (really carefully, and sometimes too hard) about what I want to post....but then, this morning happened. I think this story is so ridiculous, it counts as funny.

By the way, I can't say I never complain about my hubs, because that would be a flat out lie. Again for the normal yada-yada disclaimer. Honey, I love you very much, although sometimes I just need to tell stories about you. Because that's what makes you, you.

Last night, my husband announced that he was going to take a vacation day this morning. Honestly, I never know when he's messing with me. He knows I work from home on Mondays and like to be by myself. I figured he was just messing with me.

He got out of bed at his normal hour (4:00 am). Don't ask why he gets up that early, because I don't know. What I do know, is that he goes to bed by 7:30 - 8:00 and I get to watch whatever kind of television I want. Trust me when I say we have very different TV-viewing habits!

A little before 6:00 he came into the bedroom and told me that he was going to run some errands (go to the hardware store, the paint store, get breakfast, whatever). I just stared at him, because I was half asleep and I honestly don't believe I even responded.

I got up at 6:30 and started to work. I always like to check my email while I'm making my morning tea and get that out of the way. I left the house a little before 8:00 this morning because I needed to drop my car off at the collision center and pick up my rental car for the next however many days.

I called my husband to tell him what I was up to, since I had a vague dream that he might have said something to me earlier. I called and left a voicemail for him on his cell phone since he didn't answer. I assumed he had gone to work and was just messing with me. So, I locked up the house and went on my merry way.

I took the car to the collision center and had to walk across the street to the rental car place. I waited in a nice long line for a Monday morning and as soon as I got up to the counter, I glanced at my blackberry (for work) and saw that I had 3 missed phone calls and a text message. At the same time, I heard my iphone (for personal) beep with a text. I read the messages and had to laugh out loud.

He was locked out of the house.

And for some reason, this was my issue.

Fact: He has told me before that he was going to take a vacation day, but ended up going to work.

Fact: He admitted that he heard his cell phone ring, but didn't answer it because he was talking to some guy from church while in the paint store.

Fact: He had the nerve to ask me, why I had not answered my phones when they rang (answer, they were on silent and I didn't hear, and the fact that I was dealing with Honda might have had something to do with it).

Fact: Normal people bring their house keys with them when they leave the house.

Fact: He's apparently not normal.

Fact: I had to take a dirty rental car, so I could come home and bail my husband out.

Fact: This is so ridiculous that somehow it's funny (although it didn't seem funny to me this morning).

Fact: He took me out for a nice lunch to thank me for coming home quickly.

Fact: He looked at me at lunch and said, "You're going to blog about this, aren't you?"

Fact: Yes. Life is funny :)

That's all for now.

Love, K

6 comments:

  1. My husband doesn't take kindly to me blogging about him. If husbands don't want us to blog about them, they shouldn't give us so much fodder! Silly men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He took it quite well. He knows that he is excellent blog fodder. Just to make sure though, I will always read to him in advance of posting (just to make sure he's cool with it). This time he rolled his eyes at me, then admitted he deserved it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I never thought to ask before blogging about my hubby. He doesn't read my blog, though. It does help to make me less mad when I try to make is sound funny for the carnival, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just blog about mine. I don't ask him. But then, mine does have a sense of humor about himself. i am not bragging. I am enjoying my scotch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT is funny! This sounds like something that would totally happen to my hubby and I. Except that he would've found a way to lock me out of the house.

    He's not a big fan of me blogging about him, either. I think it has something to do with the fact that some of his employees read my blog and he doesn't like looking bad/goofy/scared of mice in front of them. I don't let that stop me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our poor families...they now know that somedays, they are nothing more than blog fodder!

    Big Al will just outright tell me, "Don't write about this!"

    This was a funny story.

    ReplyDelete